CASEA Margaret Haughey Master’s Award
This award is presented annually by CASEA to the authors of the best master’s thesis, report, project, or graduating paper in the area of educational administration and leadership completed at a Canadian university during the previous year. The purpose of the award is to recognize superior research and writing by master’s degree students working in the area of educational administration and leadership. Award recipients will be announced at the [CASEA] Annual General Meeting.
In assessing the eligible work submitted for the Margaret Haughey Master’s Award, the following criteria will be used:
- Significance of the topic to the field;
- Methodological design;
- Quality and articulation of the theoretical or conceptual framework;
- Significance and coherence of the conclusions; and
- Writing quality and organization of the work.
The Margaret Haughey Master’s Award committee will select the award recipient by end of March each year. The committee chair will notify the nominee’s supervisor and the CASEA program chair.
Eligible works include Master’s theses, projects, and graduating papers. Requirements for the Master of Education degree must have been completed during the 2016 calendar year, or the degree must have been awarded during that period by a Canadian University.
English and French language submissions will be accepted.
Recipients of the Margaret Haughey Master’s Award will receive a plaque and CASEA membership for one year..
Nomination packages are to be submitted to Dr. Donald Scott, chair of the Margaret Haughey Master’s Award Committee. The nomination package must include the following:
- A letter of nomination by the student’s supervisor or advisor. This letter should include the name and contact information of the nominee and a summary statement addressing the selection criteria (see above) for the award.
- An electronic copy of the eligible master’s work.