The Commonwealth of Learning (COL), working in partnership with the Brunei Darussalam Government, wishes to announce a Masters’ Degree scholarships for five people from Commonwealth countries preferably working in Higher Education Institutions or Departments of Higher Education.
The scholarship awards are available for programmes commencing in July/August 2015 in three participating institutions in Brunei Darussalam. These institutions are:
1. Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
2. Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
3. Institut Teknologi Brunei (ITB)
The scholarship awards are available to study a Masters’ Degree for one or two years on a full-time basis.
Tuition fees and other compulsory school fees, one return economy air ticket, allowances (personal, food, etc.), and residential accommodation are covered in each scholarship. For specific details on the terms and conditions of the scholarship, click here. The entry requirements and the application form can also be found on this link.
Applicants are invited to follow the application procedures directly with the Brunei Darussalam Government as stated on the Application Form and to submit a copy of the complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com at COL. Applicants must ensure the requirements below are fully addressed by 11th December 2014.
Applicants seeking the scholarship must:
1. Meet the admission/entry requirements of the chosen programme as stated by the participating institution and provide COL a copy of the application package submitted;
2. Be a citizen of a Commonwealth country;
3. Be 35 years or below by 31st July 2015;
4. Have the written support of their Vice-Chancellors, Presidents or equivalent institutional heads;
5. Must have written endorsement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships in the scholar’s respective country. See the Application Form for details;
6. Must produce a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency/Police Station;
7. Must be able to possess a valid passport for the whole duration of their study in Brunei Darussalam;
8. Demonstrate how the degree obtained will help progress their personal and professional development;
9. Preference will be given to those with a potential training role in their institution upon graduation; and
10. Gender balance in scholarship awards will be considered.