Submit a nomination now for Canada’s Volunteer Awards!
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting nominations for Canada’s Volunteer Awards! It is a great opportunity to recognize the important work of volunteers and to acknowledge that our country would not be the same without them. The Department has developed and implemented a new online nomination system this year that now accepts file uploads for support letters!
The call for nominations for Canada’s Volunteer Awards is now open until June 15, 2018. You are invited to:
- nominate an individual, a group, a not-for-profit organization or a socially responsible business to receive an award; and to
- promote the call for nominations to your stakeholders.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- One (1) national award – Thérèse Casgrain Lifelong Achievement Award, for individuals who have volunteered for at least 20 years;
- Five (5) regional awards – Emerging Leader, for young volunteers between the ages of 18 and 30;
- Five (5) regional awards – Community Leader, for individuals or groups of volunteers;
- Five (5) regional awards – Business Leader, to recognize businesses that demonstrate social responsibility; and
- Five (5) regional awards – Social Innovator, to recognize the contributions of not-for-profit organizations.
Award recipients will be recognized at a ceremony and will be able to choose a not-for-profit organization to receive a grant of $5,000 (regional awards) or $10,000 (national award).
Help highlight Canada’s volunteer culture! Nominate a volunteer, not-for-profit organization or business in your community today!
For more information about the Awards, please visit Canada.ca/volunteer-awards or call 1-877-825-0434.