Invitation to submit a workshop proposal
The 2023 Women’s Symposium will be held at the Delta Ottawa City Centre (101 Lyon Street North), May 17–19. Please save the date in your calendar.
The CTF/FCE invites you to contribute to the program by submitting a workshop proposal. For the 2023 Symposium, we are looking to explore the following subthemes in our workshops:
• The status of women in the world today
• Gender disparity: advancement, or decline
• Self-care and work-life balance
• Advancement in the workplace and beyond
• Navigating through change
• Diversity, inclusion, and equity
The CTF/FCE Women’s Symposium gathers leaders, staff, and members from our Member and Associate Organizations who identify as women.
This event provides a unique opportunity for participants from every province and territory to connect, to engage in discussions on women’s advancement, and to gain the knowledge needed to make fundamental changes in the education sector and society.
Our theme, “A Window on Our Worlds”, will explore topics that impact the growth of women in their own diverse worlds and in the world at large, such as: leadership; career advancement; workplace equity and inclusion; work-life balance; challenges and opportunities; and much more.
The Symposium features keynote speakers, panels, discussion groups, workshops, and more.
Format and Timing
- Workshops must relate to the Symposium theme and subthemes and be tailored to the primary audience.
- Workshops are 75 minutes in length.
- Facilitation should actively engage participants throughout the session, and allow time for Q&A throughout and/or at the end of the session.
Process and deadline to submit a proposal
- Please fill out the attached form by February 8, 2023.
- Presenters whose submissions have been selected will be informed by February 13, 2023.
- Workshop submission forms must be signed by the Executive Director or designate of your organization to be considered.
- Workshop presenters from CTF/FCE Member or Associate Organizations receive free registration to the event.
- Travel, accommodation, and meal expenses other than meals offered at the Symposium are the responsibility of the workshop presenter’s organization. Please advise the CTF/FCE if your organization requires assistance for covering expenses related to your participation as a presenter.
- The CTF/FCE reimburses for release time if applicable.
We look forward to receiving your proposal.