Dear WERA members, colleagues and friends,
with this newsletter I would like to announce the appointment of new International Research Networks (IRNs). IRNs contribute to the advancement of education research on specific scholarly topics. The work and engagement of IRNs enable WERA to summarize and combine knowledge and encourage new research directions and collaborations. Through IRNs there are many different topics and special fields to deal with. Participants from all over the world, from different countries and universities are working together in one special area.
The new IRNs include:
- Effective Teachers’ Communicative Strategies When Instructing Linguistically Diverse Learners
- Computational Thinking Education in Primary and Secondary Schools
- Human Rights Education
- School Social Segregation
- Social Metacognition and Big Data Network
- Complexities and opportunities of the historical marginalised women in higher education: an African perspective
- Connecting Social and Emotional Learning to Professional Development for Educators and Effective Teaching
- Organizational Education
- Feature Analysis Approaches in International Assessments
- Building communities of care
Congratulations to all new Networks – we are looking forward to your valuable contributions to the further development of educational research and the support of WERA.
All best wishes – looking forward to see many of you at the Focal Meeting in Tokyo!