Membership in CSSE has many benefits including an annual conference, professional networking, representation to several national groups with direct access to decision makers, and a subscription to the leading Canadian educational journal (CJE).
CSSE annual individual membership rates are (starting in 2019):
- Regular: $120.00
- Student / Low Income: $50.00
- Retired: $60.00
- International: $72.00
In addition to the basic CSSE membership rate, members are required to join and pay the membership fee for at least one constituent association. Regular rates for constituent associations range from $10 to $39, with reduced rates for student / retired / low income members. Full details are available on the Member Services website.
- Journal – The Canadian Journal of Education, the leading bilingual journal of educational scholarship in Canada, is free with CSSE Membership.
- Newsletter – CSSE News, a bilingual forum of information and discussion of educational issues, is published on this website. Members are notified of new issues via the Association’s email listserver.
- Conference – An annual conference is held in conjunction with the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- National Office – CSSE maintains a permanent administrative presence in Ottawa (see Contact Information).
- Other Journals – Subscriptions to additional journals are available at 25% reduction (see CSSE – List of Other Journals *).
- Affiliation – CSSE is affiliated with the Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Representation – We provide representation to several national groups with direct access to policy and decision makers in education.
- Membership Directory – Members may opt to participate in our electronic membership directory which includes general contact information as well as more specific descriptions (fiches) of completed and on-going research.
- Reduced Fees/Costs – CSSE offers reduced membership fees for students, the retired, those on low incomes, and international associates, and reimbursement of a portion of the travel costs to attend the annual conference.
Our Online Member Services web site allows you to perform various functions online:
- Join CSSE & constituent associations
- Renew your membership
- Subscribe to journals
- Subscribe to email list servers
- Change your contact information (mailing address, email, etc.)
- Indicate your research interests
- Electronically submit a proposal for the annual conference
- View a dynamic membership directory listing by Association/SIG or research interest